Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

It's election day, and here in New Jersey it's an important one. John Corzine is running for re-election as Governor. I believe that the only reason he was ever elected was because he was willing to spend millions of dollars of his own money promoting himself. Nevertheless, even though he has outspent his opponents by several times over the last few months, it's still a very close race and he might lose. I'm actually ambivalent this time. His main opponent, Chris Christie, has said he will cut state workers and my daughter works for the state. I didn't want to vote for him, but I didn't want to vote for Christie either, so I voted, but left my vote for governor blank.

- - - - -

I ordered a holster for my latest pistol today. The outfit I ordered it from has a 6 month waiting list and only takes orders on the first two days per month to keep the wait from becoming even longer. I'll probably get it right after the NRA Convention.

- - - - -

My last blog was about looking for a part-time job at Wal-Mart and other places. I also applied at Target. I've already heard back from Target and they're not interested. I haven't heard back from Wal-Mart yet. Turning me down won't cause me to stop going to either place, but I doubt I'll be as happy when I go in there in the future. Maybe I should have applied to places that I don't go to.

- - - - -

The coffee creamer that I use has suddenly gotten easier to pour and less clumpy, if that's a word. Now, when I use it, I probably use a little less than I did before, simply because it doesn't form a clump on my spoon. That got me to wondering. What happened to the person that thought up that improvement? Will the company be selling a little less in the long run, and if so, will the person who improved the product get in trouble?

- - - - -

There's something I've been anticipating for a while. I read some time ago that a township in our county has turned off the traffic cameras at traffic lights in their township. Maybe other townships have done the same. The reason is that it affected the number of tickets that they were handing out and actually affected their revenue because people have been obeying the lights more. What I've been anticipating is a lawsuit by someone who was injured at one of the lights where they turned the cameras off. If drivers go back to driving the way that they did before the cameras, eventually someone will be hurt. I can see grounds for a big lawsuit there.

- - - - -

Please visit my website at http://www.TheEngravableGift.com. Christmas is coming up and there are a lot of decorating and gift ideas for everyone on the site.

- - - - -

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call “failure” is not the falling down, but the staying down. - Mary Pickford, Actress

No comments:

Post a Comment